Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mom

We all love moms, my mom is a great lady and plans to retire this month. She has worked two jobs as long as I can remember and this year she is eligible for retirement at her company and plans to take it and run. I am proud of her. She weathered many rough years after her and dad divorced and I never liked to see her cry but she always pressed on no matter the circumstance. I am happy that she has found someone to share her life with and ENJOY retirement with, thank you Doug for being good to her. I love my mom and I wanted her to know that I am wishing her a Happy Mothers Day.

That said I also need tell my most AWESOME mother-in-law how wonderful I think she is. She is the picture perfect model of service to others. Mosiah 2:17, "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." She tirelessly serves others and in an inspiration to me. I love her and I am honored to know and be associated with such a wonderful lady. Thank you for all you do for us Denise and for others. I know the lord counts you among the most righteous and worthy women in this world, always remember we love you.

As for the mother of my kids, well I think she is just great. I love her laugh and her worries. She doesn't talk much when she is mad (that's how I know) and loves everyone all the time. This last week she had spend months panning a baby shower for my brothers wife. Aside from the time and money she had spent to put on this impressive surprise she wasn't able to deliver it with the bang she had wanted. The baby came before the shower (almost the day of) and as a result not many folks came. I think she felt sad that she had worked so hard to plan and put this together and now there was fear that it would all be lost. But she kept on and continued with her "serve others attitude" and kept her chin up even with the disappointment she must have felt.

I love her for her can do attitude. She is the love of my life and I hope that someday I can be found worthy to have such an amazing friend in this world. She has given me 4 amazing kids that I cant imagine life without and I want her always to know that she is the best thing that ever happened to a bum like me.

Thanks Josie, I love you.

1 comment: